Hello everyone!! Deb here! This is my first time blogging at the cell blog..so yeah.
Since joining the cell, I've came to learn a lot more about the Lord that we worship and love.
During cell retreat at Daniel hall, I learnt that we are actually sinning when we feel pessimistic and worry about stuff. Since we've prayed for comfort and good outcomes, why should we fret? That was the logic.
I felt so guilty for all the times when I've doubted God's promises and words. All my life, I've been worrying about things that never happened. What if I fail english for my 'O' levels? What if it rains later and mommy blames me because I have not brought the clothes in? At that point of time when Sarah talked about trusting Him completely, it dawned on me that I've not done so. Oh, how I've hurt him...
And also the lesson about having a child's faith. Just accepting whatever He gives. Are we able to do that? Am I? I think to a certain extent, I can..but sometimes, I doubt myself..most importantly, I doubt that my prayers will be forgotten.
But really..why should I worry? For one, my prayers have always been answered. Most recently, when I was not selected for a touch rug tournament, I started to worry and began to feel unwanted because I'm not in the first team anymore. Have I not perform well enough? What mistakes have I commited? Unable to concentrate on my work, I prayed for peace and assurance. I prayed for confidence to be restored and that I might somehow be able to play that day.
True enough, I felt calmer and happier after that prayer. The next evening, I received a message by my captain asking me if I was free that day to play. Apparantly, the team needed more players and the coach forgot about me. So there..what reason do I have not to trust Him?
And I've experinced many many miracles..Maybe miracles have always been in my past 16 years, just that I had not took notice of them or acknowlegde them. Now, I give thanks for every prayer answered and every wonderful day given to me.
Life can only get better with Christ in me..
Wednesday, July 05, 2006
Mindy.Charlene.Janelle.Geri.Amanda.
Nessa.Tiff.Debbie.Danica.Suying.
Camy.Jillian.Yujun.Sarah.
Wina.Jarelyn.Celine.Eve.
Sarah's cell.Pastor LaiFun's network.
Youthnet.FCBC.
Previous Posts
- Hello! =)Hmm.. Jelly since no one replied you.. I...
- i'm gaining by reading what your experienced durin...
- HI CELL!im so so so sorry for not updating for suc...
- HI CELL!im so so so sorry for not updating for suc...
- Hello!I'm here to post about solitude too.Well, ac...
- HELLO EVERYBODY...HERE TO OBEY sarah mama'S COMM...
- P h o t o s G a l l o r eI know we're supposed to...
- Aye aye! I'm finally here to update. Haha... Cell ...
- Greetings Civilians. welcome to cell retreat 2006,...
- THE POEMI knelt to pray but not for long,I had too...

5 Comments:
felt encouraged upon reading it =)
hey very encouraged by ur testimony. ever since i got to know you, i feel that you have such an excited heart for God just hungering to know Him more.
and you know what? when you hunger, He will satisfy! no doubt about that!
it is true that a revival, miracles and answered prayes may come to us but we are blind to them and miss what God intends for us. each day i pray, "God! do not pass me by, open my spiritual ears and eyes so that i may not miss out what you have installed for me!"
and easier said than done,
in all things, give thanks!
shine on! *shing shing shing*
janelle
yo..i'm also very encouraged after reading..yea..thanks for blogging!!continue to grow deeper into the LOrd man..GO GO GO!!
wooot! way to go debs!! wahahahaha. It's an interesting read, knowing you're one of the youngest believers in our family. but well, it really is an encouragement and serves as a motivation and reminder to myself as well.. so as to go in child-like faith. continue to grow in the Lord !!
aiya, every one used the word "encouraged". [copycats] i shall seek to be different and say that im INSPIRED. im not joking, btw. well, God has most probably put you in our cell to remind us of His faithfulness in our lives. your deep thinking serves as a foundation towards receiving more from God. its good to reflect. *hmmmm* continue to post more often and enjoy yourself at encounter! =D
Post a Comment
<< Home