Tuesday, April 20, 2010

With Everything

Hi ya!! How's everyone doing??

Busy with exams and stuff for uni students?? The rest? Work? A-levels?? O-levels! (BECKY AND JOELLE!!!) Gosh, I feel like I haven't talked to all of you guys for ages! And I haven't!! Come come!! Update me! Here!! (are we still using this blog? Or all move to FB d?)

I've been extremely swamped this semester. Like seriously. My friends at trinity (where I stay) rarely even get to see me! Cause have been busy with church events, meetings, cell, etc.. DON'T EVEN HAVE TIME TO CALL HOME!!! =(

Kay, so just wanna update you guys about my life here.

First, I'm getting baptised soon! May 16th. Have been preparing my heart for it and really feel the conviction that it is time. Been waiting for all the wrong reasons, but it is never too late for God!

I know some of you are getting baptised too! Joanne?? Eve, Crystal?? Who else?

Next, I'm not usually one to be so open with BGR and stuff.. but anyhoos...

I'm sure some of you all know that there's this guy in my life lately. And yeah, we've become official not too long ago, after much prayers, together and individually, consultations with leaders and of course God's confirmation and blessings. And it's really through God's grace that we've made it. And just want to ask you guys to keep us in prayers... (heh, just wanted to share this little piece of good news)

So much to share but don't know how to put it into proper paras!! Thoughts are all over the place!

There's something that I really really wanna convey though.

GOD IS REAL, GOD IS RISEN.

I'm sure we've all been reminded of His love and grace with Easter celebrations recently. But this Easter touched me especially so. I was renewed and rejuvenated with HOPE. The very fact that He had resurrected confirms our faith and it should continue to be strengthened. In fact, our whole spiritual walk stems from Jesus' resurrection.

Can you imagine if Jesus hadn't risen from the dead? Can you imagine what the disciples were going through during those 3 days when Jesus was put in the tomb? It's as if everything they had gave up for and everything they had chosen believed in, the one they chose to follow... Everything seemed to be a lie! But God IS REAL. He raised Jesus from the dead to prove of His undying love for us and His desire for us to return to His side.

His love never fails.

And hope never fails.

Is there something today that you've given up hope in? After days, weeks, even years of prayers, still nothing? Be assured that God WILL answer them in HIS PERFECT TIMING. One thing I've learnt during this specific period of seeking God, is that He crafts every single detail of our lives perfectly. And when I look back and see how far along God has brought me, through so many valleys... He always always brings me to peaks, much higher than the last, at the end of the day.

2 Corinthians 4:17
For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and external weight of glory.

Like what Sarah always share.. we are work in progress! God puts us through periods of dryness and pain to mould us into something greater for His kingdom. For us to be able to bring Him more praise, to understand Him better. To ultimately bring His people back to Him.

2 Timothy 2:13
Even when we are faithless, God remains faithful. He cannot deny Himself.

Indeed, He is faithful. On a personal note, just want to share about how He has restored that faith in me.

For many years, I've prayed for my parents' salvation. But nothing. And I began to lose faith and focus. I stopped praying. And effectively, God stopped communicating to me. Soon, I started to lose that touch from God, I couldn't hear Him, He wouldn't answer when I cried out to Him. I wasn't filled with His Holy Spirit when I worship anymore. Just going through the motions.

Then before I left for Perth, He finally broke me and tore down my pride. He showed me that He had been there all along, beside me. My heart was simply not open to Him because I've hardened it through doubts and unnecessary fears.

This time around, I was reminded again of how He had worked in my life. How big He really is in all of our lives. My parents may not be saved yet. But God IS working in the household. Attitudes have changed, kinder words expressed, love is shown. I believe God is preparing them for something greater, and their salvation is coming soon.

Just want to encourage everyone, to place everything at His alter. To really trust God that He'd see us through the valleys, and we stand firm at the mountains and proclaim of His wonder and grace.

Awesome awesome song. So geng (powerful) man.

Let hope rise, and darkness tremble in Your holy light
that every eye will see
Jesus our God, great and mighty to be praise
God of all days, glorious is all of Your ways
the majesty, the wonder and grace
In the light of Your name

With everything, with everything
we will shout forth Your glory
with everything, with everything
we will shout forth Your praise

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home